1. New Homes come with
2. Homes are delivered whole,
complete & include new appliances, etc.
3. You benefit from a
relationship with a builder's consultant to
guide you through the process and answer your
New homes are more energy efficient, saving you
5. You receive new top quality
building construction such as a new roof, new
pool and new landscaping.
6. You are provided with a
clear timeframe of your construction and get the
enjoyment of watching your new home being built.
7. Not only do you get to
choose the style of your home from the outside,
you get many options about what goes in the
inside. From the type of flooring in the kitchen
to the walls in your shower, you get the piece
of mind that your new home is what you have in
8. New homes are built
according to the new 2007 Hurricane code.
9. You receive a termite bond.
10. You have a warranty for building and
11. There are many options in
financing and closing cost assistance.
12. Management companies are
more eager to manage a new home.
13. New homes are more
marketable and generate better rental income.
14. New homes are free of all liens or
claims. There are no hidden costs.
1. Not only is the home aged,
there is no warranty on anything, a risk that
can cost a fortune.
2. Homes are usually not in
good condition, leaving you to clean up and
spend thousands on repairs and new appliances.
3. No one is there to guide you
throughout the process. You need to be well
prepared and research each and every detail
yourself, yet still have no one to turn to after
you have closed.
4. Older homes are typically
less energy efficient, leaving you with higher
5. Not only are you unaware of
the home�s quality, they haven�t been
maintained, often with poor landscaping, dirty
roofs and overall unhealthy.
6. This is a long, drawn out
process which has no certainty of time or
7. You have no say in the
features, specifications, or style of the home.
You take it as it is.
8. There is no one to fix or
address issues once you have closed.
9. Old homes are built to old
codes, including old or no Hurricane codes at
10. You do not receive any
11. There are limited options
in financing and usually no closing cost
12. Older homes generate less rental
13. Management companies are reluctant to
take on old homes and often charge more due to
increased ongoing maintenance.
14. There may be liens or claims on the
property. You may be faced with thousands
of Dollars of additional costs before you
receive clear title.